Friday, January 16, 2009

Deta .....


Here's the inside of the new style keyboard. The keys are all flat on the surface but unlike a membrane keyboard they actually push in and have a "click". Each key is a round piece with 2 layers, with a square hole in the second layer. This hole allows the small tact switch to fit inside and make the keyboard, yes here comes the word again, thinner.

With the base electronics out of the way I started on the case. While this looks similar to the original laptop it's actually an all-new design. The thickness remains the same, one and a half inches.

This time I stuck in a cartridge slot, though it was kind of a pain to do and made me realize why I didn't the first time. I used, well, most of an IDE cable and wired it on the bottom of the motherboard. This is on the opposite side of the CompactFlash. The thinner the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment